the present

Park House was converted into a nursing home in the early 1980’s. Various extensions were added and then replaced, the most recent being in 2013 when 6 new rooms were added on the east side and in 2019 when the west end of the building was demolished and rebuilt. The current capacity is 32 bedrooms.  

The present owner is John Tillisch. Donna Aldred, RGN, has been the registered manager since 2010.


the past

The early history of the house and site was that around 1800 it formed part of the Sandy Place Estate and was owned by Sir Philip Monoux.  By 1811 the estate had passed to the Hon. Samuel Ongley (son of the 1st Baron Ongley of Old Warden). The Ongleys held the estate until 1851 when the whole 1,432 acres was put up for sale by auction.  At this time it was in the tenancy of Elizabeth Pope, almost certainly the widow of Charles Pope, miller of Sandy Mill on the nearby river Ivel. The ownership passed through various hands until the early 1980’s when it was converted into a nursing home.


IMG_0046.JPG

The official opening of

the east side rooms in September 2013